Little bits and pieces

Little bits and pieces
these squares finish at 1" each

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Wildlife!!

I've lived in Maryland for 16 years and became a bit of a backyard birder when we moved here.  I kept hearing that cedar waxwings live around here, but never saw one.  Today when I walked out of the Giant supermarket, there was a whole flock of them pigging out on red berries in the trees outside.  There must have been 30 birds flitting around and gorging themselves.  I took a picture with my phone, but I couldn't figure out how to zoom in on them.  I know, you can't really see them, but trust me, they are there. I wish I could have taken these pictures (they're from Cornell lab of ornithology).Cedar Waxwing Photo I went back with my camera, but they were gone.  What gorgeous birds.  I smiled all afternoon!!  Also saw Canadian geese and a deer today.  Yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment